Elliott Engel, a principal with Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., is an aggressive and seasoned litigator whose practice is focused on complex business and general litigation. Elliott regularly represents clients in federal and state courts, arbitration tribunals and administrative proceedings. He is experienced in contract disputes, real estate litigation, partnership disagreements, business torts, consumer class action defense, and unfair business practice claims.
Elliot serves as outside counsel for many clients, including real estate holding and management companies and small businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. In addition, he represents a national leader and a national collection company in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) litigation and other consumer claim class actions across the country. Elliott’s clients depend on his "out of the box" approach, tenacious representation and ability to tackle complex legal issues.
Maryland Super Lawyers recognized Elliott as a "Rising Star" from 2014-2017. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association and serves on the Baltimore City Bench Bar Committee. Active in the community, he is on the board of directors of the Talmudical Academy and Derech Chaim Congregation.
Elliott earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Maryland School of Law. He is a member of the Order of the Coif, and won the university's 35th annual Morris B. Myerowitz Moot Court Competition. In addition, he holds an M.S. from Ner Israel Rabbinical College and earned his B.S., summa cum laude, from Yeshivath Shaar Hatorah.
University of Maryland School of Law
(J.D., Magna Cum Laude)
- Ranked in the top four percent of his class
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Winner, 35th annual Morris B. Myerowitz Moot Court Competition
- Member, National Moot Court Team
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College (M.S.)
- Yeshivath Shaar Hatorah (B.S., Summa Cum Laude)
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Maryland Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2014-2017)
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bench Bar Committee
- Board Member, Talmudical Academy
- Board Member, Derech Chaim Congregation
- Law Clerk, Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A.
- Student Attorney, University of Maryland School of Law Clinical Law Office
- Defended a national hotel chain and a large apartment complex against the lenders’ receivership proceedings.
- Successfully litigated adverse possession claims on behalf of a shopping center.
- Successfully defended several employees in a non-compete breach of contract claim seeking over $1 million, invalidating the liquidated damages clause, and recovered on the counterclaim in a two-week jury trial.
- Defended a landlord in successfully terminating tenant’s right of first refusal to purchase a valuable commercial property.
- Successfully pursued a breach of fiduciary duty and usurpation of partnership opportunity action against a general partner of a limited partnership in an arbitration proceeding. Recovery included nullification of the partnership vote and recovery of all attorneys’ fees.
- Defended a local commercial landlord and a national real estate management firm in a $14 million lawsuit by a former tenant alleging failure to act reasonably in refusing a subtenant, fraud, and negligent misrepresentation.
- Obtained a $1.5 million judgment in the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association on behalf of a clothing wholesaler and distributor and against several Asian factories.
- Represented five equity stripping victims and obtained a judgment for $8.4 million against eight co-conspirators.