Hillel Tendler, a principal with Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., focuses his practice on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, securities issuances and corporate governance.
In the securities law area, Hillel's experience includes advising public and private companies on capital-raising efforts. He prepares and negotiates offering documents; handles syndications; assists publicly traded companies with disclosures and other obligations under the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and stock exchange rules; drafts equity compensation plans; and advises on corporate governance issues.
Hillel also represents acquiring and target companies in public and private M&As, joint ventures and equity investments. In his corporate practice, Hillel regularly represents companies and private equity clients in portfolio investments and buyout transactions, and counsels companies on a variety of finance transactions. He also has significant experience representing both health care systems and physicians in acquisition transactions and employment law matters. Using his broad-based business law experience, Hillel serves as general counsel to a number of business clients.
Active in the community, Hillel has served on the Sinai Hospital Board of Directors since 2000, chairing its Performance Oversight Committee from 2003 to 2013. He has also served on the Board of Directors, Budget and Finance Committee and Planning Committee of LifeBridge Health, Inc. since 2013. In addition, Hillel has been president of a Baltimore-area 700-student private elementary school since 1995.
Hillel holds an AV peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He earned a J.D., cum laude, from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1983 and a Bachelor's of Talmudic Law from Ner Israel Rabbinical College in 1978.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
(J.D., Cum Laude)
- Top 10% of class
- Samuel Belkin Scholar for academic excellence
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College (B.A.)
- New York
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law (2013-2017)
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
Vice Chairman, Committee on Securities Law, Business Law Section (1998-2003) Chair, Committee on Securities Law, Business Law Section (2003-2005)
- New York State Bar Association
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Member, Board of Directors (2000-Present)
Chairman, Performance Oversight Committee (2003-2013)
Member, Performance Oversight Committee (2000-Present)
- LifeBridge Health Inc.
Member, Board of Directors (2013-Present)
Member, Budget and Finance Committee and Planning Committee (2013-Present)
- Torah Institute of Baltimore
- THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore
Member, Commission on Aging (2001-Present)
Task Force on Day School Financing (2001-Present)
- Gordon, Feinblatt, Rothman, Hoffberger & Hollander, LLC, Baltimore, Maryland (1985 – 2000)
- D.H. Blair & Co., Inc., New York, New York, Vice President/Counsel (1983 – 1985)
- Representing a national company in numerous multimillion-dollar acquisitions of local competitors throughout North America.
- Advising a U.S.-based public company in connection with its sale to a multinational public company.
- Representing a major hospital system in numerous acquisitions and divestures of physician practices.
- Counseling a hospital system regarding its investment in a managed care organization.
- Author, Securities Law Issues For Non-Public LLC Investments, a course handbook published by MICPEL in 2005 for its Limited Liability Entity Institute