Robert, a principal with Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., is an accomplished real estate attorney. His practice focus includes real estate transfers, finance and development. Robert's clients include property owners, developers, investors, REITs, buyers and sellers. He has significant experience in retail shopping center and commercial office building construction and leasing; land acquisition and development; and securitized lending transactions.
In the lending arena, Robert has counseled regional and national borrowers on all aspects of acquisition and development financing and refinancing for projects ranging from $5 million to more than $250 million. These representations include securitized lending transactions, industrial development bonds, low-income housing tax credits, and state and county loans and grants.
The comprehensive list of Robert's representative transactions reflects a who's who of developers and major deals throughout the U.S. He has handled numerous projects that have transformed the landscape of cities from Baltimore to Kansas City.
Active in the American Bar Association, Robert serves on various ABA committees and subcommittees related to real estate law. He is also the author of several articles on real estate law. Based on reviews from his peers, Robert holds Martindale-Hubbell's AV rating.
Robert received his J.D. from the University of Oklahoma School of Law after earning M.A. and B.S. degrees from Oklahoma State University.
- University of Oklahoma School of Law (J.D.)
- Oklahoma State University (M.A.)
- Oklahoma State University (B.S.)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Former Member, Subcommittee on letters of credit as a substitute for surety bonds, owner's concerns when reviewing design and construction contracts
- Former Member, Subcommittee on the design and construction industry's response to the 1987 Edition of the General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
- Former Member, Committee on Construction and Design
- Former Member, Committee on Literature and Publications and its Subcommittee on Significant Literature
- Former Chairman, Committee on Title Insurance's Subcommittee on Transfer and Recording Taxes
- Former Member, Committee on Mortgages and other Debt Financing and its Subcommittee on Easements
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, Oklahoma City University
Office Building Acquisitions and Leasing
- Served as purchaser’s counsel for the $1.6 Billion acquisition of 5 Times Square office building in New York City.
- Serves as lead counsel to Guardian Realty Investors and an affiliated private REIT, which owns and manages over 45 primarily Class A office buildings located in Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and suburban Maryland. Provides legal services for all aspects of acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and management of the company's office building portfolio.
- Served as purchaser's counsel for a the $120 million, tri-property multicounty project encompassing 11 office buildings located in Harrisburg/Green Hills, Pennsylvania, which included Penske Trucking's national headquarters.
- Served as purchaser's counsel for a $70 million Class A office building in downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
- Acted as purchaser's counsel for the $160 million Class A multibuilding Summit Technology Park office project located in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a $60 million, multiparcel, five-office building project located in Northern Virginia.
- Represents several owners and redevelopers of large-scale, multiple shopping center projects located in greater Baltimore, Maryland; Annapolis, Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Western Maryland, including:
- Redevelopment of the Hunt Valley Mall in Baltimore County.
- Acquisition, construction and leasing of the 200,000-square-foot Westview Center in Frederick, Maryland.
- Lease negotiation for major national and regional tenants for both in-line and ground lease space.
- Represented numerous purchasers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of apartment complexes located in Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Ohio and Florida.
- Served as counsel to several developers and redevelopers of low-income housing projects located in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Provided construction contract counsel to the owner and developer of the $350 million, mixed-use Ritz Carlton development in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Involved in all aspects of multiple design and construction contracts.
- Provided construction and design contract counsel to the Maryland Stadium Authority in connection with the development of the Baltimore Orioles baseball stadium in downtown Baltimore, Maryland.
- Counsels on securitized lending transactions, low-income housing tax credits and state and county loans and grants.
- Author, "A Commercial Lease Summary Form" and "Model Food Court Lease Provisions" appearing in The Practical Real Estate Lawyer.