The Taxation Group at Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A. helps businesses and individuals minimize the impact of federal, state and local taxes by delivering creative and effective strategies that comply with the law and save clients time and money. Our attorneys also advise on foreign tax matters, and are experienced in helping clients create offshore trusts to protect and dispose of property. We regularly advise and litigate tax matters on behalf of closely held businesses, family businesses, corporations, joint ventures, partnerships, entrepreneurs and individuals across the Mid-Atlantic region.
Our tax attorneys work closely with clients and their accountants to provide practical advice on matters ranging from business entity formations, mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions to estate planning. Time and time again, clients praise our ability to design solutions that result in significant tax savings while delivering top-quality legal representation at a very competitive price point. Many businesses and individuals rely on our sophisticated counsel for multijurisdictional tax matters that may stretch across various cities, states and countries.
Our broad tax capabilities include:
- Corporate and personal tax planning
- S-Corporation, Professional Corporation, Regular Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Professional LLC, General Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership and other business entity formation and termination
- Real estate acquisition and disposition tax matters
- Tax strategies associated with corporate transactions, operations, mergers, acquisitions and financings
- Estate and succession tax planning
- Litigation of tax disputes in state and federal courts
- Representation in IRS proceedings
Working closely with colleagues in our Real Estate Group, our tax lawyers are skilled in helping clients reduce the tax implications associated with buying, selling and financing real estate. In addition to crafting transfer and recordation tax-reduction strategies, we have deep experience in structuring tax-deferred structures such as 1031 like-kind exchanges. In several instances, we have saved clients millions in real estate-related taxes by carefully evaluating options and providing solutions that take advantage of all available benefits.