Michael L. Quinn
Michael Quinn, one of the founding principals of Neuberger, Quinn, Gielen, Rubin & Gibber, P.A., is a business and transactional lawyer who assists clients with business venture formations; mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; joint ventures; corporate and partnership tax planning; and business and commercial contracts.
Over the course of his 40-year legal career, Michael has represented clients ranging from small or middle market operations to publicly traded companies from a variety of industry sectors. He has worked with:
- Consumer-focused businesses (such as apparel and fashion, restaurant and food service, mortgage banking, consumer electronics, and direct sales/marketing of a variety of products and services)
- Wholesale and B2B industries (including manufacturing and distribution, employer services, printing and publishing, environmental remediation and credit banking)
- Health care-related businesses
- Nonprofit organizations
- Professional firms
- High-tech ventures (engaged in activities such as software development and licensing, satellite communications and closed-system marine aquaculture)
Representing both buyers and sellers of businesses and business assets, Michael often structures and closes transactions that are complex or require “outside the box” approaches. Over the years he has advised many new and established ventures on formation and expansion issues, institutional financings and equity capital transactions. In addition to working with companies seeking growth or diversification opportunities, he is also experienced in providing counsel to lenders and investors.
Michael particularly enjoys the opportunity to learn what makes his clients’ businesses tick and combines those insights with his many years of legal experience to offer practical, creative solutions to business challenges. He takes great pride in the many long-term relationships he has established and is honored to play a role in helping his clients achieve their business objectives.
Michael holds an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He earned his J.D. degree from George Washington University Law School in 1976, where he was editor-in-chief of The George Washington Law Review, and his B.A. degree in mathematics from the University of Michigan in 1972. When he is not practicing law, he is most likely out running – or helping with homework or PTA/PTO projects.
George Washington University Law School
- Editor-in-Chief, The George Washington Law Review
- University of Michigan (B.A., Mathematics, 1972)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rating
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law (2017)
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association